Glory to God (Purple Accompaniment Edition)
Availability:Available for Backorder
Publisher:Westminster John Knox Press
The new Presbyterian hymnal, Glory to God, will be published in September of 2013 but is now available for pre-order for individuals and congregations. This new book of congregational song will include:
- Over 800 hymns, psalms, and spiritual songs.
- Approximately 50% of included hymns will be from the 1990 Presbyterian hymnal. The remaining pieces will come from former Presbyterian hymnals, other denominational songbooks, and individual authors and composers.
- A musical setting of almost every Sunday lectionary psalm.
- Music from six different continents.
- Music covering all major historical and contemporary sacred genres, including approximately thirty-five African American/Gospel hymns.
- Comprehensive indexes.
Glory to God will also contain worship aids and printed liturgies for Sunday services (including baptism and the Lord's Supper) and services for daily prayer. Complete orders of service will include congregational responses, prayers, and creeds. These will be perfect resources for "green" congregations, camps and conference centers, daily prayer services, and time-pressed pastors.
The accompaniment edition of Glory to God is available in red or purple.